Dienstag, 25. Januar 2011

Settled In

So time has again been flying... I'm honestly here since 2 weeks already and I am adapting to my new life here.

Everything is different ;-). Work is good, quite demanding as I still have to read a lot to learn all the new technologies, but I'm happy to learn something useful for now and the future. What is the most amazing difference is that I come home at 6pm and I can do whatever I like...

In the beginning I hardly knew what to do, but now it already seems again like there isn't enough time for all the things I want to do: cook, bake (oh yes!), going to the gym, socializing, watching movies with Simon and Lukasz on the beamer (yes, we have a BEAMER), playing PlayStation (yes, we have a PS3!) and sleeping... All of this still doesn't include making trips, because so far I didn't get to see anything. I haven't even been to Galway City Center, but I'm hoping to change that this weekend... Last weekend the weather was so bleak that I really didn't feel like going out of our lovely home, unless for the necessary groceries shopping, but luckily I could go with Lukasz in the car.

Otherwise everything is fine. I meet new people at DERI every day, there's quite a lot working there and it's very international, but I'm the only Swiss :-).

Ok, that's all for now I guess.

Und für all mini Schwyzer Fründe: wenn ihr mich wännd cho bsueche sind ihr do härzlich willkomme, me cha gärn bi mir übernachte. D Gegend um Galway ume isch wirklich super (Connemara) und d Cliffs of Moher sin au nit wyt ewäg, sowie natürli d Aran Islands.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen